Giving back globally via B2C
TOMS matches every pair of shoes purchased with a pair of new shoes given to a child in need. They sought to deliver their “One for One” message to new markets and support global demand for an expanding product line that is constantly refreshed with new colors and styles. This translated into the need for a scalable and highly available platform, which it found in Oracle Commerce.
Deloitte Digital was engaged to assist TOMS in its efforts to devise a digital strategy and implement the technology needed to launch new sites internationally. To accommodate the company’s aggressive growth plans, speed-to-market was of the essence—as was knowledge transfer, since part of the company’s strategy was to build their internal team capabilities in order to maintain the platform over the long-term.
The proposed technical solution needed to satisfy the following business requirements:
- Deliver a personalized customer experience
- Infuse the “One for One” message throughout the sites
- Expedite the check-out process
- Allow business users to update site content without the intervention of IT staff
- Provide a responsive design and consistent customer experience from any device
- Establish the global baseline from which other sites could be rolled out quickly
Deloitte Digital assembled a group of experienced onshore and offshore resources to collaborate with the TOMS team. This joint engagement model delivered the project in two phases. They first designed the solution and piloted the new site in the Netherlands, and then took those learnings and extended the platform into France, Germany, the UK, US, and Canada.
In developing the solution, the team focused on:
- Utilizing the full functionality of the Oracle Commerce solution
- Minimizing custom modifications
- Designing the solution using responsive design
- Leveraging the Business Control Center and Endeca
Experience Manager within Oracle Commerce to allow business users to upload site content and manage the customer experience
- Rolling out new features such as Marketplace, which allows other vendors with similar philanthropic objectives to sell products through TOMS sites
After the initial go-live of the pilot implementation of the Netherlands site, the TOMS internal team then successfully launched the French and German sites onto the new platform, unassisted. As a result of these efforts, several TOMS sites around the world now deliver a highly visual, personalized customer experience built on relevant content, helpful recommendations, and a faster, easier check-out process.
The company’s business users now have better control over the customer experience, with the ability to target promotions, personalize content, customize search results and recommendations, and update product information across multiple sites on the fly.
Get answers to your questions about anything Kinetic.